Sunday, January 3, 2010

Detox - Day Two

Well I am proud of myself to sticking through day one. It was hard but doable. I would breath through the touch moments; and that's what there were were moments of hunger. the hunger pain was intense and were increasingly intense as the day passed. I didn't do much buy lay around and watch tv or surf the internet. in retrospect, i wonder if being more active would made it easier to get through the day. i got headaches around 2pm and a sinus pressure sensation began at 3pm and subsided around 6pm. the headache increased and landed in my right eye. I was looking forward to bedtime to help me ignore this discomfort.

But day two was surprisingly easier - i felt really good when i woke. a proper nights sleep certainly contributes to a good nights rest. i made a plan to avoid the couch area and keep moving around the house. drank my lemon water and teas, showered, dressed, and headed out to the human society. we left about 11am and returned around 3pm. i had one water bottle of lemon water with me. surprisingly i didn't crave much of anything but grateful i had the water to drink. didn't finish the bottle till i got home. i began getting really hungry around 5pm. everything that was out in the kitchen i felt a knee kick draw to nibble one. do i knibble that much unconsciously or is this draw to the foods heighten because i am hungry or habitually hungry? around 5:30pm i began to think i'll have a cup of miso soup to hold me over till tomorrow. but the thought of doing that didn't feel right - as i would not be sticking to the program and that could affect the benefits and i'm trying within my comfort level achieve all the benefits i can from this 7 days of fasting. well i made it. by 8:30pm i was so sleepy if i fell asleep on the couch w/chris. went to bed only to lay with zuzu at her new crate for about 90 minutes slipping in and out of sleep. she is a good distraction for me on many levels. :) but i did achieve the two days of fasting with water, tea, and lemon water. yay for me. tomorrow i can drink fruit smoothie and eat fruits, veggies, rice, and miso.

No comments: