Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Detox - Day Four

first day to work on the detox. again, my original thoughts when planning my week was i'd be a bit 'out of it' while on the detox. not the case. in fact, co-workers were commenting how they don't notice any difference in my energy level. i'm also really excited about our new family member, zuzu, so i trust that is carrying me too. nevertheless, i'm grateful i've stuck with the plan. it's so much easier than i thought.

i'm not craving sweets and my 'so call desires' are more from habitual behavior. when i made chris' coffee i was thinking i'll want a cup after i'm off the detox but my next thought was - yuck. hmmm. and when i walk past our break room i find i'm looking for the treats on the table. and of course, there were treats - but i wasn't craving them, the habitual behavior was drawn towards them. so much behavior awareness coming from this experience and it's only day four.

breakfast: lemon/cayenne water, tea, smoothie
snack: rice cake, banana, tea
lunch: 1/4 banana, 1/2 cup rice milk, brown rice, and cooked greens.
no snack or dinner

on my bike ride home if was feeling a bit feverish and fatigued. by the time i got home my stomach felt ill, my intestines were distended, i was chilled, and i only wanted to sleep. i took zuzu for a walk with hopes it would get 'things' moving on my intestines. no luck.

after taking my temperature (99.5), i layed down and fell asleep on the couch around 7:30pm. went to bed. i hope this passes by morning. and i feel like a healthy bm would cure this ailment.

No comments: