Friday, January 1, 2010

Detox: Day One

12:45pm
I woke this morning with ease after a late night celebrating NY Eve with my husband. We stayed home, found a free online karaoke site and sang our hearts out till 3:00am. To my surprise I slept peacefully till 10:00 am.

My eyes catch the glass of water that awaits me. My first glass to consume before I do anything - I greet it with a smile.

I plan today and tomorrow to be extremely low key days. I can only imagine the challenges I will have and I've prepared for them the best I can. The unknown challenges will test my mental strength.

As I'm here typing this and drinking my herbal tea, my husband sits across eating eggs and bacon. It smells good and yes, I do want to reach over and take a bite. But I can have the eggs next Friday, I tell myself. :)

I'm watching an 18 hour marathon of 2001-2008 World Champion Triathlons. It's motivating, no matter where one is on the physical scale. Of late, I'm not much of a TV viewer so this may sound naive, but what I never noticed is how many food commercials there are and the power of suggestion the is delivered.

My current experience: slight headache, sleepy (contribute to late night), and hungry (which I understand will subside slightly thru-out the day).

No comments: