Saturday, November 13, 2010

Detox times Duex

Elevens months ago I completed my first detox; an experience I haven't regretted since. And I adopted a new eating lifestyle that has proven me time and time again how essentially true "you are what you eat".

Today my husband and I started a 7 day detox. This is his first, my second. And even though it's not easy, today was alot easier in ways for me and not so much for him. And since I blogged my first detox (Jan. 10) I went back and read about my experiences. Those entries gave me encouragement to stick with this; because there is a reason why I wanted to do it again. right!?!

Today was pretty much the same as Day One but less anxious and I feel more relaxed. Don't get me wrong, I was hungry many times of the day. Hunger pings were strong but I remembered from my last detox they only lasted about 15 minutes. That's when I get a little active around the house to distract myself from the pings. But a couple of times I thought I was smelling food coming from the heater vents; once it was the smell of toast. Oh how the mind plays on ya.

It's almost bedtime and I'm looking forward to the escape of today's challenge. Tomorrow I will become more active particularly since I'm already feeling antsy from not doing too much today. And Chris and I will plan our meals for the remaining 5 days; so I hope that helps him feel optimistic. :)

OK - I'm off to another hot/cold hydrotherapy shower and then to bed.

No comments: