Monday, November 15, 2010

Day Three of the Deux

I had an awesome nights sleep! Woo HOO.
And i woke feeling light and clear. I was hungry but it didn't feel any different than my typical mornings. I drank my lemon water, water, and tea before i left for work.
At work I drank my smoothie (pumpkin, 1/2 banana, rice milk, rice protein powder, & ). About 60 minutes later I was hungry so I ate my 1 cup of Kheer over a 15 minute period. Followed by water and tea.
I experienced through out the morning a strong taste of metal on my tongue. I was relating it to a really bad bad case of morning breath. When I drank water or tea, the sensation subsided for a short bit, but returned again. Upon my reading, this is one of the effects of the cleanse. I have to remind myself the cleans happens via my all areas of the mouth, my skin, hair, urine, and bowels.

Lunch was tomato soup, two small sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup greens and ~ 1/3 pear.

When I got home I ate 1 serving of soy chips, glass of lemon water, water, and tea. Felt good so I worked on moving our pile of broken up concrete steps; alternating with raking leaves so I don't over work my shoulder and lower back. I was a bit surprised that I was tired after 45 mins; but had to keep in mind I commuted twice today, moved concrete, while cleansing. SO!

Made a pot of miso soup for dinner; it's such a hardy soup after I added mushrooms and shredded broccoli, carrots, and cabbage. Next time I'll experiment with adding tofu.

Had a sweet tooth so I ate a few strawberries and drank peppermint tea. I was delighted how easily that satisfied my craving - noting too the craving was also most likely driven by habits.

Became very fatigued around 7:45pm. I'll try to add more protein into my day tomorrow to see if that will help carry me through at least 9pm. ;-)

A good third day and grateful I'm doing this cleanse, and tickled my love is riding along with me.
xo

No comments: