Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day Two of the Deux

Feeling pretty good considering how hungry I am. I slept so well and woke up with a feeling of lightness and clean. I'm noting I have a slight headache and my sinuses are a bit stuffed up.

But today I'm going to stay active with light activities: vacuum the house, tidy around the house, purge some old clothes from the closets and dresser, shop for this weeks food, the recommended shower hydrotherapy, read, visit a friend, and nap. I remembered from my last detox that I stayed active on my second day and I was distracted with how hungry I felt.

Today also marks an unusual day. Cyclocross season is here and today's race takes place at Barton Park. The same race location that Lou fell ill at our feet last year. He passed 9 hrs later. His anniversary of his passing is this Tuesday, 16th. It will be a bit emotional today - I will honor this with an open heart.

Adding to my emotional testing is i started my menstrual cycle yesterday and the discomfort is teasing me a little as well. BTW: the Deux wasn't about emotions but that my husband and I are doing the detox together.

But - I'm rising up to the challenge and feeling stronger each moment I stick with the plan. And role modeling for my husband is added support for my motivation to complete this 7 day detox.

The teas I've been drinking are lovely with their own natural flavor not needed cream or sweetener that I typically add to my teas. I'm drinking the EveryDay Detox for it's flavor and the liver benefits. You can find the tea at many stores that have a health food section or typically carry 'healthier' foods. Here's a link in case: http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/ .

I have also noticing I am looking for or eating food when I enter the kitchen. I feel the immediate pull to food when I go in to make my tea, water, or lemon water. Of course I question the behavior with; is it because it's a habit I've developed or is it because I'm craving food to eat?

Off to my day - xo

No comments: