Saturday, March 26, 2016


"Dwelling in guilt is like living your life with an anchor tied to your ankles dragging you down."

No Kidding!!!  After reading this and the extending explanation of how we are conditioned to feel 'ok' with guilt, I reflected on how my day went.  I felt guilty thereby creating stagnation and a non-productive day.

I feel/felt guilty for what I ate, that I didn't exercise, that I didn't do yoga, that I haven't cleaned the house yet, that I didn't walk the dog, that I didn't ... hmmm I'm looking for more but is that really necessary.

So I now want to feel the opposition of that - guilt.  Perhaps acceptance that today was ok.  That today really needed to be a day of relaxation.  By golly the last three days were full days of packed activities.  So I don't clean up the house perfectly today - vacuuming is necessary as we have animals. Perhaps I'll treat my soul and get outside to mow the lawn.  That's physical activity and I'm productive and outside.  Yea - three birds with one stone.  Hmmph.

As much as I don't like that I ate a bit unhealthy today - I'm feeling uniquely fired up - it's coming from inside my soul.  I haven't recognized this before - though it may have always been there - but today I'm feeling it.  What is the direction; the meaning; - I suppose I should sit with it.  

No comments: